Monday, January 19, 2009

Ummmm....

Ok. I just was poking around some hacking blogs to see if there was anything interesting going on out there. I saw a blog post titled how to change your ip in seconds. Direction 1. click the start button. I don't know about you but I already have a problem with direction 1. How can you even claim to have a hacking blog with directions to change your ip with the first direction as "Click the start button."

I know I'm new at blogging and I shouldn't really be putting down other people's blogs but I'm not new to computers and I can't believe what I just read.

The rest of the directions involved typing ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew into the command prompt and wah-lah ip changed. Who would promote such ignorance in the name of hacking. Hacking revolves around understanding. There is no room in hacking for ignorance.

The article I'm complaining about doesn't consider many things. The first is the reader of the article is left with nothing about how ip addresses worked, and if anything a false impression of how they work. Depending on how the DHCP server is configured, ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew may not even change your ip address. Secondly, and most importantly, this assumes that the user is using Windows, which is entirely inappropriate for a hacking website. I'm flabbergasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories Computer Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory